Today was one of those days where I loved the kids I work with so much it kind of hurts a little bit.
I mean, I love these kids. And then I get to thinking, if I love these kids, strangers really, so much, dear god what is gonna happen when I have my own? And it seems like it will be so much love it will be debilitating, how can one function with so much love bubbling up inside. I often find myself lost in it during the day. I sometimes just want to sit back and watch their little minds work, listen to their stories, hear them giggle, hug them, squeeze them...then I remember, I'm supposed to be teaching them.
A few tidbits from my day today:
"Maybe one time, you can come to my house and see my elf. But not at nighttime when I'm sleeping, because that's what my elf leaves."
(In response to a pencil in need of some sharpening.)
"This pencil is all gone. All done. It has no more writing in it."
"Buddy means friend. Like, me and my dad are buddies."
"Can I whisper something in your ear?" (I say, "Yes." Fearing this kid is going to tell me had an accident or some other kid bit him.) He whispers: "I am a ladybug." And then backs away slowly, eyes wide and convinced he is in fact, a ladybug.
How can you not love that?
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So precious. I miss working with kids. My favorite bit is the bottom one, hahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteHaving a child is like taking out the most important part of your body and letting it walk around on it's own all day. Then you think "that's silly, most important part of my body, get back in here so I can protect you!" but you can't, you have to let them do their own thing. It is actually rather painful, I'll be honest.
ReplyDelete