I have mixed feelings about new year's resolutions. On the one hand, I think people use the day as an excuse to change whatever they feel is lacking in their lives. By this I mean, one should constantly try to change their life for the better. Not simply because it's January 1st. And so often, because it isn't coming from a genuine place, these resolutions or whatever are forgotten by groundhog's day. For that reason I rarely make such new year's resolutions. On the other hand (the hand I most often write with, high five with, and agree with), who can argue with resolutions made in the hopes of personal betterment.
So that's where I come from with this blog. Also, perhaps more importantly, I like lists. I find them fun to write, successful in making great things happen, and damn satisfying to cross off. For example, in April I made a list of things I would accomplish in six months. All crossed off in four. Satisfying.
And this list of ten, is exactly what 2010 will be bringing me.
1. Montessori credential, a raise, and an excellent working environment.
2. I take one day off a month from cell phone and internet.
3. I journal with regularity, gathering material for further writing endeavors.
4. I listen to Stevie Wonder, loudly and often. Because, really, try to listen to for once in my life and be in a bad mood. I dare you.
5. I live in a stylish apartment by myself with my charmingly mellow cat who sleeps through the night every night.
6. Daniel is a frequent visitor to previously stated stylish apartment. He hangs things for me and takes out the trash.
7. And, oh yeah, we love each other. A lot a lot. And we start getting ready for our life.
8. I call my grandparents once a week. I spend my time with family and friends. Because that's what really matters.
9. I zumba twice a week because it's fun to exercise.
10. I blog lists of ten as often as life allows me.
2010 rocks. And, like my man Stevie says, I feel like this is the beginning.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment