Friday, August 7, 2009

honest to blog.

To start: a confession, a rant and an interpretive dance.

I confess: I apartment cheated on my roommate today. I went and saw a one bedroom unit on P Street. And I have to say, it did mean something. And if we get right down to it, it is her and not me. I want to live by myself more than anything. If someone asked me, "World peace or your own apartment?" I would have to think about it. I mean, wouldn't having my own place make me more at peace and if I pay it forward a bit, could lead to world peace. Anyway, the real confession is I have not told my roommate that my moving out may be sooner (ie: asap) than she realizes. As it turns out, I most likely won't be taking this apartment I saw today (though it does have the two things that matter to me most when it comes to living situation: a big closet and shelves for my books). So when she returns from Canadia it may be time to reveal my plan. Which leads me to...

I rant: Aforementioned roommate is in Canda, leaving me to watch her cats. One of which is diabetic, needing insulin shots every morning. This skittish cat has of course taken to running away from me at all costs as I attempt to insert the life saving insulin into her skin every morning. Tuesday it took over an hour to do the task. Unfun. I remain strong in my assertion that even though I sometimes say I do, I don't actually hate animals, because you know, they're sometimes cute and charming and they are God's creatures and whatnot. But. I do hate this animal. There I said it. And I don't feel bad. To reference the office, if it were up to me, this real life Sprinkles would be going in the freezer.

As for the promised interprative dance, I don't know how to upload video (or how to take a video of myself for that matter) so, just believe me. I'm dancing.

1 comment:

  1. while i was very excited about the idea of a blog by rachel eileen libby, now that it has actually happened i have to reveal a secret: you're a bit better with words that i am, so i'm now self-conscious about my blogging. that being said, i'm excited to see where this leads :.)

    ReplyDelete